More Rewarding CM Campaigns

In CM2, i would like to see a more rewarding campaign system. As it is now, you fight a battle and win or lose, you fight an operation and you get a small sense of carrying out a military operation. I would like to see more of a storyline, maybe a group of scenarios/operations that gives you choices on men, avenue of attack or lets you place your MRL and subsequent fallback positions. Something that goes beyond just one battle or 10 battles in a row. Maybe an operational map of the area, showing suspected enemy positions and objectives and then you decide how the operation is to be carried out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dunnee:

i'm involved with the meta campaign. . i want something i can use at home.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could try Patrick Ware's two minicampaigns.

One is called No Rest for the Weary and the other is called Any Port in A Storm. Each of these are a series of scenarios designed to be played in that sequence...

No Rest is 8 battles and Any Port is 6 or 7, I think.

They are designed to be played in sequence, are hypothetical but follow the "exploits of the U.S. 79th Division and its attempts to break free of the Cotentin Peninsula during early July 1944," to quote Mr. Ware's readme file.

Now, this may not be precisely what you are looking for, but when I played them I was struck by the amazing attention to detail of the forces and maps and the briefings as well. Playing them, I got that feeling of continuity and storyline.

If you want them, and can't find them on any of the scenario sites, let me know at the email in my profile, and Ill send them your way. I have the zip files on my computer.

Albest,

Terence

PS. The ONLY downside to playing these (and I have to say, they rank up there with the best scenarios Ive ever played) is that when they are done you want more, there aren't any others, and they take a long time to do.

I agree with the original thought about a more rewarding campaign structure.

There is nothing more annoying in a campaign than having a good battle and still being forced to move back the way for the next battle. Is this avoidable just now and can we expect to see an improvement in the future? :confused:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terence:

You could try Patrick Ware's two minicampaigns.

One is called No Rest for the Weary and the other is called Any Port in A Storm. Each of these are a series of scenarios designed to be played in that sequence...

No Rest is 8 battles and Any Port is 6 or 7, I think.

They are designed to be played in sequence, are hypothetical but follow the "exploits of the U.S. 79th Division and its attempts to break free of the Cotentin Peninsula during early July 1944," to quote Mr. Ware's readme file.

Now, this may not be precisely what you are looking for, but when I played them I was struck by the amazing attention to detail of the forces and maps and the briefings as well. Playing them, I got that feeling of continuity and storyline.

If you want them, and can't find them on any of the scenario sites, let me know at the email in my profile, and Ill send them your way. I have the zip files on my computer.

Albest,

Terence

PS. The ONLY downside to playing these (and I have to say, they rank up there with the best scenarios Ive ever played) is that when they are done you want more, there aren't any others, and they take a long time to do.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where can I find these?

They sound VERY interesting smile.gif

Thanks

Any website links someone can post?

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Where can I find these?

They sound VERY interesting smile.gif

Thanks

Any website links someone can post?

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Websites? Don't they have those for computers now?

Anyhow, dunno about any WEBSITES, but you might check your email...