Single most annoying thing about this game

"Robert Olesen

Member # 3282

posted 08-03-2001 09:03 AM

In a city fight, I just lost 8 smoke rounds in two turns (fired in batches of 6 and 2 from Shermans). The

smoke simply did not appear. Is there a problem with smoke that lands on pavement? I suppose it could

disappear when hitting a building (at least as a convenient shortcut for the programmer), but I doubt if

all 8 of them hit buildings.

I tried a search, but it doesn't seem to be able to handle more than one word, and "smoke" in itself will

give too many hits.

"

The use of the Shift key as a modifier key may have caused this problem. I know I have done this myself more times then I care to remember. While attempting to chat Via TCP/IP in a game, if you miss tapping the chat button (Zero or Shift to get ~ tilde) AND then you immediately start to type, and you do a "Shift- i" to say "I did this or I did that" then POOF! there goes your smoke effects and you don't even know it.

Shift as a modifier key to change game settings is ill advised and it should be the Option key or The crtl key, BOTH macs and PC's have the option key and the ctrl key so in CMBB lets abandon the use of the Shift key as a game setting modifier.

Just a suggestion smile.gif

-tom w

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

The use of the Shift key as a modifier key may have caused this problem. I know I have done this myself more times then I care to remember. While attempting to chat Via TCP/IP in a game, if you miss tapping the chat button (Zero or Shift to get ~ tilde) AND then you immediately start to type, and you do a "Shift- i" to say "I did this or I did that" then POOF! there goes your smoke effects and you don't even know it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patient: "Doctor, I have this severe pain."

Doctor: "When does it hurt?"

Patient: "Well it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Don't do that."

I've tried chatting when I had a unit

clicked, and given it inadvertent

orders. That's the only explanation

I can think of for the way some of

my guys suddenly run off, where they're

not supposed to (without being shaken,

or whatever). I kind of like that though.

Communication mishap.

--Rett