Computer Gaming World Mar 2001

Runyan, I've got the same problem. I'd love to try Kampfgruppe, but can't get past the documentation check. If anyone has the original manual and can list some of the words that would work (ie What is the 3rd word, 2nd paragraph, 6th page). It looks like there are only about a dozen or so different words that would work, but without the manual it's hopeless.

A copy of the manual can be found at:

http://www.theunderdogs.org

Look under K. Hope it works.

This is a site devoted to abandonware games, that is games that are no longer sold. It is an excellent resource for any old games that you are unable to find. I was finally able to run some old games I have due to this site. I had the games and manual, but they would not run without a 360K floppy.

Well, I got it to work after some trial and error. The word for page 3 line 1 word 3 is "GAME", I believe.

I got a group of PzIIs to move forward a bit, and then I gave up on it.

It is actually quite like CMBO in that you issue all of your orders, and then there is a combat phase. Unfortunately, even with the maximum allowable delay, the combat phase zips by in about 1 second on a modern computer. So, I could not see what is going on.

Not worth any more of my time, I don't think. Makes you appreciate how far computer wargames have come, though.

[This message has been edited by Runyan99 (edited 02-09-2001).]

I now remember how much I miss "Balance of Power"!

Griffin.

P.S. Any abandonware site for mac?

Originally posted by Runyan99:

I bought this magazine today, and it comes with a bunch of free, complete games.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"