Valley of Trouble mission

I am playing the demo 1.2 version. (I ordered the game already, but it will be 6-10 days before I get it)

How do I destroy the bunkers without killing my troups in the procses?

There are about 3-4 concrete bunkers and 2 (maybe more) wooden bunkers with antitank guns and machine guns, the German troops are dug in to foxholes and there are a few mines in the fields between forces.

I have lots of Eng. units, and a few Arty. units. How do I kill this kind of enemy?

The most direct problem I have seen so far is my Eng. units die before getting near any bunker because the bunkers have interlocking fields of fire. (good call on their part)

I am just dumb-founded about how to get, and then use my Eng. units, to the Bunkers.

Hi Ted,

You'll have to get those Engineers right next

to those boxes, and then wait a few seconds.

But the best way is to manuvor your tanks into a firing position and then fire off a

few rounds, then manuvor again. The wooden ones light up on the first shot if you have

good LOS. The boxes usually take a bit longer. Tip: lay down a carpet of smoke from

your boys on the hill. It's as good as knocking them out! The smoke with leave after

a turn or two.

Good hunting and welcome home!

Kurt

IMHO, in VoT your much better positioning your Shermans to take them out. A shell inside the firing slit will do the job. Although immune against MG Pillboxes, you will risk having your armour knocked out when duelling with AT Bunkers.

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haohmaru:

On the topic of Valley of Trouble, I was just wondering the other day why it wasn't included with the full game. Does anyone know why it was taken out? I personally prefered it to Chance Encounter, which is still in the full version.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you still have the Demo on your HDD, you can just copy over the Vally of Trouble.cmb file to the Scenario folder in your CMBO folder.

Why they left it out? I have no idea. However all 3 scenarios from the Beta Demo made it into the full version. Those include Chance Encounter, Last Defense, and Reisburg.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cubbies Phan:

If you still have the Demo on your HDD, you can just copy over the Vally of Trouble.cmb file to the Scenario folder in your CMBO folder.

Why they left it out? I have no idea. However all 3 scenarios from the Beta Demo made it into the full version. Those include Chance Encounter, Last Defense, and Reisburg.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, that is strange. I don't have the demo after all this time, but thanks for the info.

In VOT, you should have a (2?) 105 among your tanks. The 105s are quite effective in knock'n out bunkers (provided it doesn't get killed first).

If you really want to use the engineers to do the work, use your arty to do a couple of minutes of smoke mortars, that should be enough time to allow your engineers to get close. BUT!!! The engineers probably will get butchered once the smoke clears.