Marco Bergman Winter Version reaction...

kump

Okay, in continuation of our white wash versus the snowed effect, I was just wondering the reaction from the base mod slut community out there.

White wash is historic and I won't debate that one. I think the present available lo-res wintered allied mod does an outstanding job in capturing the look.

However, I really like the snowed/iced effect that Magua and Marco use. It gives the mod an excellent 3D look. My winter scenario play never looked as good as they do now.

My best appreciation to the latest Marco Bergman mod is that I get to have those outstanding hi-res Shermans for all seasons. I can only hope the community reaction is very positive to it and we can one day see the British Shermans updated for snow as well.

A snowed/iced die hard fan,

Garry

Guest sitzkrieg

Agree totally with you, Garry. I like the snow-covered mods much more, especially for the Allies. They add a greater sense of realism, especially in operations where weather changes from battle to battle. Kinda hard to believe that tanks on a battlefield could suddenly have winter camo on a moments notice biggrin.gif

I would like to see this trend continue, especially if someone would take some of the excellent German mods (Fernando's Panthers and halftrack series for example) and snow-cover those. I tried a month ago or so but lack the artist skill needed.

Yes, the snowy look looks best in my opinion, but getting just the right amount is the key. I would show you what I mean but no way in hell could I figure out how to make a mod. Just picture the new Hellcat mod, that's nice. Thank all you mod makers for mods that keep this game going strong.