Artillery casualties count wrong !

Has anyone else found this?

In a recent game my 105 vt spotter caught most of the enemy in the middle of a field. I was excited to see his kill rating at the end of the game but was befuddled to see it say 5 infantry ! Especially as I counted 42 casualties in knocked out units in the field that can be attributed to nothing else !

Any clues ? :rolleyes:

Plus he also has to collect a urine sample and the signatures of 12 people who knew the victim from birth before each kill credit is given :D

Good news though, BTS have listened to people (as ever), and in CM2 each unit will get full kill stats at the battles end whether it was in line of sight or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Plus he also has to collect a urine sample and the signatures of 12 people who knew the victim from birth before each kill credit is given :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting a urine sample might be a mite tricky, don't you think? I don't know how to break this to you gently, Rex, but when a person dies, all the body's sphincters relax releasing whatever they were holding back. By the time the battle was over and the FO came out to inspect the bodies, all the urine would have long since soaked into the ground. So sorry. :(

:D

Michael

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Getting a urine sample might be a mite tricky, don't you think? I don't know how to break this to you gently, Rex, but when a person dies, all the body's sphincters relax releasing whatever they were holding back. By the time the battle was over and the FO came out to inspect the bodies, all the urine would have long since soaked into the ground. So sorry. :(

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thanks for the graphic depiction. ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

:D

Michael

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that explains it... if it does require urine samples for each killed unit then the FO must be MIGHTY fast to collect those to get any kills at all :rolleyes:

:eek: Nice!

It all seems obvious to me though. The impact delay is actually the time allowed by the artillery commander for the FO to run up to the target zone and collect the urine samples from the intended victims.

All he then has to do is run back to his foxhole and start writing letters to the people who knew them from birth.

Simple and very well modelled in CMBO.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

It all seems obvious to me though. The impact delay is actually the time allowed by the artillery commander for the FO to run up to the target zone and collect the urine samples from the intended victims.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I can see it now: FO calls in an arty strike, leaps from cover and goes tearing across no man's land swathed in bandoleers of sterile specimen cups. He goes from enemy position to position in the prospective impact area requesting specimens FAST! Having been successful in his collection, he rushes back to his lines with his liquid burden gurgling in the pockets of his BDUs leaving the enemy troops scratching their heads...then the rounds begin to arrive. Thank you, I believe I have it now.

;)

Michael