Newbie Questions

I just played Drive to Mortain,,and won as ally.

As I get to the end of a map in a turn,,,should it extend itself, or do you have to wait until the next scenario? (I waited at the end of the 2nd map and took it in the shorts from an unseen Nazi 155 spotter).

I loaded the same map in the editor, and noticed I could have went further when the game called it for me. I read the manual and I think it said something to the effect that the game would end if I was kicking butt, but wasn't sure if that was against AI.

I realize command plays a big part in when a squad gets off it's ass, but how doesn't movement of tanks work...basically, how is it decided who goes first, as vehicles have no commanders. Is it the delay, then terrain/hill or incline and then they go by speed?

Thanks,,,awesome damn game!!!

[CoFR]Archangel :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [CoFR]Archangel:

I just played Drive to Mortain,,and won as ally.

As I get to the end of a map in a turn,,,should it extend itself, or do you have to wait until the next scenario? (I waited at the end of the 2nd map and took it in the shorts from an unseen Nazi 155 spotter).

I loaded the same map in the editor, and noticed I could have went further when the game called it for me. I read the manual and I think it said something to the effect that the game would end if I was kicking butt, but wasn't sure if that was against AI.

I realize command plays a big part in when a squad gets off it's ass, but how doesn't movement of tanks work...basically, how is it decided who goes first, as vehicles have no commanders. Is it the delay, then terrain/hill or incline and then they go by speed?

Thanks,,,awesome damn game!!!

[CoFR]Archangel :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to wait till the end of each battle for the map to extend at the start of the next. What exactly do you mean with the tank movement bit?

There is no chain of command for vehicles in CMBO. Like all units there is a delay before vehicles begin to execute their orders. The length of the delay depends on the experience level of the crew. A green unit will take much longer to start moving than a veteran unit will. An elite unit starts to move very quickly, I think with a delay of three seconds.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

There is no chain of command for vehicles in CMBO. Like all units there is a delay before vehicles begin to execute their orders. The length of the delay depends on the experience level of the crew. A green unit will take much longer to start moving than a veteran unit will. An elite unit starts to move very quickly, I think with a delay of three seconds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC, organic tank platoons with leaders are going to be part of CM2.