Mounted infantery in setup problem

In the 'Singling Shootout' scenario, I start with several tanks with mounted infantery. In the setup phase, I can't neither move the mounted infantry nor the tanks. Well, from some kind of view it make sense that I can't disembark the infantry, but why can I not move the tanks with the infantry on it?

I've also noticed that the infantry don't always disembark when I give the order. :confused: Yes, they have enough time before the tank starts to move.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scipio:

In the 'Singling Shootout' scenario, I start with several tanks with mounted infantery. In the setup phase, I can't neither move the mounted infantry nor the tanks. Well, from some kind of view it make sense that I can't disembark the infantry, but why can I not move the tanks with the infantry on it?

I've also noticed that the infantry don't always disembark when I give the order. :confused: Yes, they have enough time before the tank starts to move.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed this too. See:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=001039

Chris

Well barring the "padlock set-up" setting, there seems to have been a problem creep up in v1.12 where you can't set-up multiple infantry-type units inside of a building at the start of a game. (Not in the editor, but in set-up phase). It doesn't always seem to be like that for some reason.

In regards to the disembarking, if there is a pending move order for the vehicle, the infantry tend not to hop off as tehy appear to fear becoming enmeshed in the treads :D Look at the infantry's command delay, then look at how long your pause is for the vehicle. If the two are nearly the same the infantry will stay in place and take the ride. Sometimes you need to leave a vehicle in place for nearly the entire 60 seconds.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kmead:

In regards to the disembarking, if there is a pending move order for the vehicle, the infantry tend not to hop off as tehy appear to fear becoming enmeshed in the treads :D Look at the infantry's command delay, then look at how long your pause is for the vehicle. If the two are nearly the same the infantry will stay in place and take the ride. Sometimes you need to leave a vehicle in place for nearly the entire 60 seconds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always try to give them 15 second between the infantry-delay and the tank-delay. They should get their asses up in that time ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LimShady:

I noticed this too. See:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=001039

Chris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked the scenario with the editor again: the tanks are not 'locked', but the mounted infantry is! I guess it was the idea that the infantery stay mounted til the first order phase...but it don't appears to be correct that I can't place the tanks together with the mounted infantry.