Hull down - is it worth it?

Pud

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by not another gamer:

About effective armor slope in hulldown / reverse slope

I can't quote BTS saying so but I think I remember reading it long ago and it really seems to get me in my games.

The velocity and hence trajectory of shell is taken into account when calculating angle of hit.

So, those low-velocity (relativly) Shermans get "plunging fire" on my shiny Hetzers and JgIV's (greatly) reducing their effective armor slope. Nailing them when they are all snug and HD on a reverse slope. Makes me very sad.<hr></blockquote>

AP shell's H-velocity is 600+, V-velocity is ~10.

"plunging angle" is about 1 degree resulting in effective armor thikness is reduced about 1-2%.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trajectory (meaning the change of the shell's direction in flight) is not figured into the angle of impact in CM. I've asked this question before and Charles responded that way. I can't find the thread anymore (I found a link to it in a previous thread, but it was broken, probably when archiving the old threads), but I'm sure about it.

Dschugaschwili

The trajectory (meaning the change of the shell's direction in flight) is not figured into the angle of impact in CM. I've asked this question before and Charles responded that way. I can't find the thread anymore (I found a link to it in a previous thread, but it was broken, probably when archiving the old threads), but I'm sure about it.

Dschugaschwili