Churchill, the tank not the man

Originally posted by M. Bates:

Are you joking? smile.gif

I suggest purchasing a new monitor or better still an Apple Mac which is not hobbled by a PCs gloomy gamma.

Are you joking, feed the pockets of Steve Jobs, never. Ever notice that EVERYTHING (hardware-wise) that you buy for Macs *has* to come from Apple? I try not to feed monolpolies as much as possible if I can keep from it.

Besides, I understand you Mac users have trouble using hi-res mods because of a lack of VRAM. Well, no thank you. I'll stick with PCs and their 32-64MB video cards.

And if what you're saying of PC's gamma settings, oh well, we can change them. We don't have to have EVERYTHING preset, because I consider Macs as computers for dummies. No offense BTS. wink.gif That's why they stock elementary schools with Macs because their simple, almost too simple, interface is more child-proof.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

Anyway, I have worked up a batch file system to swap between the dirty and clean ones. Just add the suffixes "_dirty" and "_clean" to the files and the batch files will work.

Email me and I'll be happy to send them, along with some icons, to you. davem@shawneelink.net

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

Originally posted by Maximus:

Are you joking, feed the pockets of Steve Jobs, never. Ever notice that EVERYTHING (hardware-wise) that you buy for Macs *has* to come from Apple? I try not to feed monolpolies as much as possible if I can keep from it.

What operating system are you using then? Linux? I hope you're not using one made by a monopoly. smile.gif I have to agree with you about not feeding monopolies, I've been boycotting the campus bookstore, but with computers, you pretty much have to choose from the Apple monopoly or the Microsoft monopoly.

Besides, I understand you Mac users have trouble using hi-res mods because of a lack of VRAM. Well, no thank you. I'll stick with PCs and their 32-64MB video cards.

Have to agree with you here. Macs just aren't made for gaming, which is why they aren't supported by so many game makers.

And if what you're saying of PC's gamma settings, oh well, we can change them. We don't have to have EVERYTHING preset, because I consider Macs as computers for dummies. No offense BTS. wink.gif That's why they stock elementary schools with Macs because their simple, almost too simple, interface is more child-proof.

I prefer to say, the interface doesn't get in the way of what you're trying to accomplish. The ideal interface is one that is so good, you never notice it's there. Besides, we both know who's interface Windows is modeled on. wink.gif

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Maximus:

Do you enjoy Trolling so much Maximus? That is the second thread today where your clearly superfluous remarks about other people's computer preference appear.

If this thread is closed it is your fault. Stop trolling, go do a mod if you are bored.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.