how do you feel about unwinnable scenarios?

I've designed a scenario as a night assault by engineers on a couple of German forts. The forts are walls lined with concrete pillboxes. There is barbed wire and mine fields in front of them.

I've tried it several times and can't do it. I have just modified it slightly so that there should be some gaps in the barbed wire (I was hoping engineers could do something to get through it, but apparently they can't) - there was a gap at the road entrance to the fort, but that wasn't enough.

Now being an unwinnable scenario, naturally it is New Zealanders assigned to it.

Should I just post it to the Scenario Depot saying "unwinnable scenario, do you have what it takes to do the impossible"? Or would people just get annoyed to find that they can't do it?

I'm not sure that it can't be done. I'm just not good enough to do it myself. It seems like it should be doable.

Originally posted by dugfromthearth:

I've designed a scenario as a night assault by engineers on a couple of German forts. The forts are walls lined with concrete pillboxes. There is barbed wire and mine fields in front of them.

I've tried it several times and can't do it. I have just modified it slightly so that there should be some gaps in the barbed wire (I was hoping engineers could do something to get through it, but apparently they can't) - there was a gap at the road entrance to the fort, but that wasn't enough.

Now being an unwinnable scenario, naturally it is New Zealanders assigned to it.

Should I just post it to the Scenario Depot saying "unwinnable scenario, do you have what it takes to do the impossible"? Or would people just get annoyed to find that they can't do it?

I'm not sure that it can't be done. I'm just not good enough to do it myself. It seems like it should be doable.

You could give the Axis a negative scenario bonus in the editor... thus making an unwinable situation winnable in the game

"You could give the Axis a negative scenario bonus in the editor... thus making an unwinable situation winnable in the game"

Wouldn't work.

See the trick is you have a ring of pillboxes facing out. If you could penetrate the defenses and take out a pillbox or two, you could hit the rest from behind and take them all out easily.

So basically you achieve nothing or take them all out (there are two forts, so you could in theory take out one but not the other).

So far I have achieved nothing. I can't take out the first pillbox.