Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

mods in 3d

I've got an ASUS V6800 with 3D glasses.

You'll need to use the ASUS graphics drivers and not the ones available from Nvidia.

The setup is in the "Advanced" section of your graphic settings menue. (VR settings)

You set a couple of parameters like how far apart your eyes are and such, and most important; which type to use, flip-screen or interlined(?). You also set desired frame rate (from 100fps up). Then enable the 3D effect and plug your glasses in.

I've only been able to run CM in interlined mode, which makes the text look cropped and degrades the overall look a bit. Perhaps your faster GPU will allow flip-screen...

I've found the glasses to be an uncomfy fit, so I don't use them a lot, but when I do the trees in CM looks strangely flat, compared to everything else. The map from VoT looks really cool...

Cheers

Olle

Olle, the trees look flat because they are smile.gif While the vehicles and terrain are modelled in 3D, the trees at least aren't. I've done some work on creating the old fashioned type of stereo photos from various CM shots, and sometimes they look really good but the trees can ruin the whole effect because they aren't modelled as are the vehicles. I found that I pretty much had to have an empty background or at least one without trees, in order to get the effect I wanted.

Joe

------------------

I heartily admit you are a swine, Joe. But you are OUR swine. (Goanna)