COMBAT MISSIONS: The weekend starts HERE!

Manx

New Mod - Panzer IV/GHJ, by Tiger

More new stuff from Tiger!. This time he's weaved some graphical magic on the Panzer IV range. Essential download.

New Mod - M18 Hellcat, by Kevin Schulz

A great first mod from a new designer to this site and i believe, the mod scene in general - Kevin Schulz. He's produced a great looking, winterised version of the M18 Hellcat tank destroyer.

New Operations / Scenarios

First off, we have a new operation - "21st Panzer Attacks", which has been sent in by Gerhard Blake. This semi-historical scenario tells the tale of how the 21st Panzer Division attempted to push the British back into the sea after the successful allied landings at Juno Beach.

Miha "Obergruppenführer" Hribernik has submitted "Blocks of Life". A small fictitious battle which see's only small pocket of Germans standing in the way of a complete Axis defeat in Slovenia.

"Screaming Eagles", by Paul Cleveland, see's the 101st US Airbourne Division attacking the small village of Lesoy, during the early hours of D-Day.

Finally, we have another scenario pack from Rune. Now on pack number 5 and containing six scenarios and one operations, it includes the following - Field of Trouble, Hell in the Hedgerow, Sedan Redux, Three Ridge Way, Verdun, and finally, Villiers-Fossard. The one operation in the pack is entitled "Driel Ferry".

Enjoy!

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS - Resources For Combat Mission

Manx, we may need to divide up our website territory. smile.gif Know what today's update for The Last Defense is? The winterized hellcat, and Rune's pack. I put 21st Pz up a day or two ago. :/

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Agreed!...i had these sent to me a day or two ago and i have only just had the chance to post them. I didn't know that you had already had these posted to you.

It has always been my stance that COMBAT MISSIONS wouldn't duplicate Mods that are available elsewhere. If i had known that you had already posted the hellcat then i wouldn't have put on. Since i have already e-mailed the authors saying that their files have been posted i will leave them on this time.

------------------

That's fine. Maybe we should have a mod maker draft? (Trade you Lordfluffers for your running back and a first round pick wink.gif) Or we could just email each other when we're going to post more mods and scenarios. I'm trying to keep The Last Defense as a site mostly for first time mod makers, you can have all the pros.

Don't worry, I won't try to steal Tiger from Combat Missions.

Oh, scenarios. I won't post any more by Rune, or any by Clubfoot, Wild Bill, Moon, Frank M, or Berli.

It's quite a challenge having the "new kid in town" website, looking for niches.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 02-23-2001).]

Ooh, and I suppose you'll want #6 too? biggrin.gif

I'll add a link on the front page of The Last Defense pointing people to Missions for scenarios by Rune etc and mods by Tiger if you'll add a link to Last Defense.

------------------

way to go GUYS!! The fellowship for keeping all godd with CM is great!! This forum has to one of the best!!

Manx and Gustav, I started that series of PBEM-TCP/IP no flag series, but these scenarios play well with AI!! But the Flags need to be placed in the right place. I was thinking maybe I post the AI versions on Gustuvs site and keep them seperate that way so the PBEMs can be played DBL-Blind and AI versions can be played by all... (the Set ups are a little different for AI also).

Are you two for this??

Michael "Gonzo" Gonzalez

Feel free to post whatever to whoever you like. It's your work and it's your decision on where you would like it hosted.

This problem doesn't crop up very often. I realise that because the designer who posted the M18 Hellcat is new to the mod scene he wasn't aware that it's pointless in a site hosting files (especially mods with the amount of space they take up) that are already available to d/l on other sites.

I think theres enough mods/scenarios being developed for all CM sites to have a share. I certainly don't think it would be good for the CM website scene if there was one uber-CM site that hosted everything!.

------------------