breaking ice in CM2?

The thing I really hate is when you unload several 105mm shells into the ice and it doesn't break. This is really unrealistic. And being as there will probably be a lot of ice in CM2, do you think you could implement this?

------------------

I can't think of anything to put in the signature box. Will this do?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waxx_IK:

The thing I really hate is when you unload several 105mm shells into the ice and it doesn't break. This is really unrealistic. And being as there will probably be a lot of ice in CM2, do you think you could implement this?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just really really really really thick ice.

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

I seem to remember this coming up before. It would be a cool addition to the game, but I seem to remember BTS saying no at that time.

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

[This message has been edited by Subvet (edited 01-21-2001).]

I don't mean visually the ice turning into water tiles, just becoming "Unstable" so infantry can't cross. Maybe you could adjust the ice thickness depending on the map type.

------------------

I can't think of anything to put in the signature box. Will this do?

It's been discussed for CM2 before. http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/012052.html In reality, most European rivers flowed fast enough that inf wouldn't have been able to cross on ice, although this won't be true for the steppes of Russia.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

In "Forgotten Soldier,' Guy Sajer recounts how a 105mm battery held a the German line by smashing the ice whenever soviet infantry attempted to cross.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.