Trucks in QB

I can't recall being given a truck. Since the attacking force or ME's are never assigned AT/AA guns, not sure why a truck would be necessary. Typically trucks were hauled out of combat areas since they're transport assests.

Is there a particular reason you would like to be assigned a truck or two?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lacky:

I can't recall being given a truck. Since the attacking force or ME's are never assigned AT/AA guns, not sure why a truck would be necessary. Typically trucks were hauled out of combat areas since they're transport assests.

Is there a particular reason you would like to be assigned a truck or two?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A truck or two is not bad if they are used like battlefield taxis under cover. They can move up HMGs rapidly while the foot sloggers come up on their own. In fact, a halftrack is rarely a wasted investment either. It can carry two mortars up to the front, then hide until the tanks cack each other, then throw in its HMG support and pick up slower moving units for the next phase of the fight.

This is way off topic but you might like. A truck was responsible for sinking a Uboat in the Atlantic believe it or not. The torpedo hit some armaments and blew the ship sky high. The truck was actually blown off the deck and landed straight on the uboat breaking its back.

I use trucks in larger QB's. I place them with AT guns etc, although I have to keep them well hidden. I find the AI loves to pummel them with arty otherwise!

Poor trucks

Never to be in a QB! I rarely use them in human select games either usually using HT's. But it is odd that you never get them.

Just wondered if anyone had ever seen one in a QB.

War Story

My father who was leading a convoy of trucks in early May and ended up in a town full of very mature German troops. Fortunately their 90+ year old commander (a veteran of the Franco-Prussian war)had nothing but surrender on his mind.

Guest Madmatt

I don't think you will get them anymore when the ai purchases for you. You used to, but people complained (may have been beta testers) that points were being wasted on non recon units with no combat ability (overlooking the obvious transport merits) so they were removed.

I will re-confirm this as it might just be that their are exceedingly rare.

Of course, as I and numerous others have stated millions of times before, you can always buy them YOURSELF!

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-20-2001).]

I played someone not to long ago who said he buys them a lot and uses them to rush troops to the victory flag and then ambush the other player when he gets there, unfortunately (for him) I beat him to the flag and blew the trucks away when they arrived but he said that it works sometimes.