US Civil War/Naval version of CM?

I know some of you all out there are close to the vest with the Battle Front group and was just wondering has there ever been a consideration of adapting CM to a Civil War version (or as my great grand pappy said "War between the Americans and Yankees) and/or a WW2 naval combat version?

Didn't know if this had ever been discussed before, but curious.

Radar, if the PTO (if there will be one...) version has the CCF (Red Chinese) it would be very easy to set up Korean War battles, as long as the snow option is kept in.

The equipment is almost all the same, except for far superior Air to Ground coordination, especially when it comes to the UMSC.

We could see Pershings versus T34's in that one. ;)

Gyrene

Speaking of the Pacific and extremely off-topic...

I have always been greatly interested in land combat, and I have read almost everything that has been written about it. Naval warfare, though, eludes me.

Actually, it eludes me to the point that I cannot tell a cruiser from a frigate, which is pretty sad.

Do you know of any book or web site that will help me learn the basics? I do not know the kind of units involved in naval warfare, I do not know the tactics used, I do not know the technical terms and jargon, I do not know absolutely anything about the subject. Please, somebody help me get rid of my mighty ignorance.

US Civil War is better for only americans. As a Finn Im not so interested about that Civil War. Maybe it would be a great game, but WW2 is known by everyone, around the world and US CW isn't so common to all.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reverendo:

Speaking of the Pacific and extremely off-topic...

I have always been greatly interested in land combat, and I have read almost everything that has been written about it. Naval warfare, though, eludes me.

Actually, it eludes me to the point that I cannot tell a cruiser from a frigate, which is pretty sad.

Do you know of any book or web site that will help me learn the basics? I do not know the kind of units involved in naval warfare, I do not know the tactics used, I do not know the technical terms and jargon, I do not know absolutely anything about the subject. Please, somebody help me get rid of my mighty ignorance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reverendo, try www.naval-warfare.co.uk

they are a gaming site for naval sims but they have some great links for Naval history and ship types....

smile.gif

Actually I would love to see all converted to the CM model. For our Finn friends, even a Napoleanic campaign would be very enriching as well. Someone suggested a Pacific WW2 version that would be something to live for! I would even go for a WW1 version as it would be a good test to "bust through" trenches. Carrier and surface vessel combat would be great too.

Geez, I wish I had stock in these guys...the possibilities are endless!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hilltopper:

Geez, I wish I had stock in these guys...the possibilities are endless!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do they actually sell stock? I would take it because you could model damn near every land war with this kind of engine. And theres alot of people not interested in WWII that would play other stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeT:

Rupert_2, GriffinCheng did have some of my early screen shots on his website but it seems have closed down now.

MikeT<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MikeT, Hows the Pacific mod coming along ??

If it's anything as near as good as the Desert Mod....I can't wait !!!

Well, I can.... But you know what I mean.... smile.gif

[ 05-28-2001: Message edited by: Rupert_2 ]

Right now it is on the back burner. I am trying to finish the desert/med scenarios plus I want to release some early war scenarios/mods. I lucked out when I ran across a gamer that wants to do the uniform mods I need. At the moment he is doing the early Polish and German uniform mods. I already have the USMC and one Japanese uniform. I am having problems getting the right kind of jungle trees for Burma. I also am having problems getting good pics of palm trees for islands. I also have to work up the Japanese voice files.

Mike