Availability of units in Quick Battles

Currently we have all units available in Quick Battles (human purchase) - maybe it would be a nice addition to let the computer restrict this?

It was - especially for the late Axis forces - normal that a lot of units were only limited available.

Of course it's possible to make an auto purchase, but IMO that feature doesn't work very good. I prefer to select the forces on my own.

To avoid an advantage in PBEM for the one who make the setup, an additional file transfer would be senseful. After calculating the map and the available units, the files goes to the opponent, and he make the purchase first.

In addition, would it be possible to limit the likelyhood of getting the Puma and its coiterations to something like the actual usage and general availability when the computer purchases units. It seems I always end up with several of them in my QBs.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kmead:

In addition, would it be possible to limit the likelyhood of getting the Puma and its coiterations to something like the actual usage and general availability when the computer purchases units. It seems I always end up with several of them in my QBs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An orientation on the real availability is exactly what I have in mind, and excactly for this reason. Some units like the Puma are very cheap and effective, and so they can be seen often in CM - but they were very rare on the real battlefield.

There will be optional rariety systems in CM2, the Russian front version. BTS has said one option will have fixed rariety, where the costs of units will be higher for whatever isn't "vanilla" in that time and place and side. Another rariety setting will be variable, with some units more "available" than others, and thus relative bargains, price-wise. And third one can just turn the rariety off.

Not to mention that the last QB I played against the AI had the AI picking 4 Jacksons in a 1000 pt armour game... a _little_ gamey, I thought. Also, playing against someone in another armour game, the AI bought my opponent a Veteran Panther, Hetzer and 250/9 (the one with the 75mm) plus a platoon of VG SMGs against me having two Regular Shermans, one Jeep MG, 1 M3 and 1 platoon of infantry...

Ouch doesn't begin to describe it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Triumvir:

Not to mention that the last QB I played against the AI had the AI picking 4 Jacksons in a 1000 pt armour game... a _little_ gamey, I thought. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Tank destroyer platoons consisted of 4 vehicles, and Jacksons were not particularly rare.

Another rariety setting will be variable, with some units more "available" than others, and thus relative bargains, price-wise.

This rariety setting will be important; Otherwise in a QB we would see 5 or 6 T-34 command tanks with radio instead of one command T-34 and 6 regular T-34's without radio!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marcus Braun:

Another rariety setting will be variable, with some units more "available" than others, and thus relative bargains, price-wise.

This rariety setting will be important; Otherwise in a QB we would see 5 or 6 T-34 command tanks with radio instead of one command T-34 and 6 regular T-34's without radio!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will have command tanks?