a couple of design questions (operations)

CM'rs smile.gif,

Thaks muchly for the responces to the perimiter questions recently, I am putting the hair back in strand by strand >>.

I've decided to make the battle an operation for reasons I describe below ( later). I was wondering however:

HOW does a perimiter get chosen at the end a a "day" or "night" battle within an operation? :eek:

WHAT resupply % is given for the various options. Is there some measure of randomness? :eek:

More detailed stuff here:

Batlle:

This form of combat seems to me to be a bit stupid. AFV as well as troops exhaust thier supply ( ammo) sometimes in the most stupid ways ( eg: mmg firing at AFV etc).

If the game is more than 20 turns long it is simply a case of who has the most ammo at the end.

Operations:

Ahh much better. Now we get to the proper part of CM.

In designing operations it seems to me anything that avoids over supply ( eg : full) would be a good thing since combat would be more realistic.

I am presently working on a city fight ( Caen as a hypothetical ) between the HJ (SS crack units) with good AFV back up ( not in numbers) with a staged reinforcement schedule aginst the US since they have more "gear" to work with.

The US will be combined arms with airpower if I can work out how. Zenatropa Railroad is a small scale example of what i am trying to achieve.

Lastly, if anyone has managed to get more semsible fire control from units perhaps they can pass on thier wisdom as this scenario sure will need it hee heee

eric

;)