My first post here.help needed.

I got home the other day to find my 11 year old lad playing the CMAK demo.

He won as the germans in the desert scenario but he didn't have a lot left when he had finished.

So in an effort to get him into this fine game i am after some nice fairly easy to play :D scenarios to download for CMBB.

So any ideas for simple fairly small not to difficult to win scenarios to help him get started.

Thanks

Gautrek, the "Byte Battles" would be perfect I think. I have "Byte Luga" by Harryink on my site and I think Der Kessel has many more. The Scenario Depot has one additional.

Good little battles, usually under 20 turns. Byte Luga was a blast, read my review on my site if you like.

My son is 12 and has just started playing on CMBO ...(I'm not letting my CMAK disc anywhere near his PC just yet!!)

To get him going for the first few games I used some small QB's and I did something unthinkable to most people on this forum ....

Turned OFF EFOW ! ..... I went kinda dizzy when I did this, but I'm feeling much better now :D

He played the first two battles with every unit visible. That way he got an idea of how the AI moves its units around. Then we gradually turned up the FOW settings.

He's getting the hang of it quite quickly .... Soon I'll have a Head-2-Head opponent that I might be able to beat .

Lou2000

Originally posted by gautrek:

I got home the other day to find my 11 year old lad playing the CMAK demo.

He won as the germans in the desert scenario but he didn't have a lot left when he had finished.

So in an effort to get him into this fine game i am after some nice fairly easy to play :D scenarios to download for CMBB.

So any ideas for simple fairly small not to difficult to win scenarios to help him get started.

Thanks

Have him PBEM Dave H. That should be a fairly even game...provided you give Dave a 25% advantage. :D

Originally posted by Lou2000:

My son is 12 and has just started playing on CMBO ...(I'm not letting my CMAK disc anywhere near his PC just yet!!)

To get him going for the first few games I used some small QB's and I did something unthinkable to most people on this forum ....

Turned OFF EFOW ! ..... I went kinda dizzy when I did this, but I'm feeling much better now :D

He played the first two battles with every unit visible. That way he got an idea of how the AI moves its units around. Then we gradually turned up the FOW settings.

He's getting the hang of it quite quickly .... Soon I'll have a Head-2-Head opponent that I might be able to beat .

Lou2000

Thanks for that i may give that a go.

I am also hoping for a ready made opponent.

It will also giveme an excuse to net work up mine and his computers (when i get a new monitor as i am using his at the moment as i broke mine).

I am just in the process of teaching him and his 10 year old brother how to play Risk.