Patton vs. Rommel at Zama- scenario idea

I've recently been doing a paper on the Punic Wars, and an idea for a CMAK scenario came into my head- what if Patton was able to face his archrival Rommel in a battle in N. Africa, and not only that, but one non other than the same battlefield where Publius Cornelius Scipio "Africanus" defeated Hannibal- the plain of Zama? Personally, I think that a man like Patton would jump at such a chance.

So, the scenario I'm planning to make (if I get CMAK) is basically an armored/mechainized showdown between the two generals on the plain of Zama. the best map of Zama I could find on the 'Net is here. How could I convert this into a CM map (how do I meaure the elevations?) What kinds of units would I use for each side? (if I make it, I hope to keep it balanced)

Also, I hope to have Patton and Rommel "personally" there, as Elite units in tanks. What kind of tanks do you think the two generals would use as they personally led their troops into battle.

I look forward to your advice.

God bless,

Publius Cornelius Patton

At Zama, Hannibal formed a line of veteran mercenaries backed by an unreliable line of Carthaginian conscripts. He had some light cavalry.

Scipio had fewer infantry but many more cavalry so he used light cavalry to extend his right flank to match his opponent. This cavalry was African tribal cavalry.

Could be done giving Rommel a solid line of Germans backed by an unreliable line of Italians.

Patton would have more armor, which would compose most of his right flank. To make it allies, make it British armor.