Good place to get books on the Internet?

Guest Michael emrys

You might take a look at the Military Book Club. While they don't have exactly tons of stuff, and a lot of what they do have goes in and out of stock, they do have some interesting stuff and they sell at a slight (and sometimes not so slight) discount.

www.militarybookclub.com

Michael

Guest AbnAirCav

Originally posted by jackhammer:

go to abebooks.com. i've gotten lots of good books there.

I agree, best place for out-of-print books.

If you're talking WW II, my favorite is World War II Books & Video, and they sometimes have books in stock that Amazon & B&N no longer do, in addition to books that the big boys don't stock at all.

I must disagree with Michael on the MBC.

Although their selection is adequate, they send letter every 2 weeks which require you to respond to them or have them ship 2 books you did not want to you. Sometimes, even after I responded to my mail, they would still send the books, requiring me to pay shipping rates back.

I dont suggest it unless you can deal with this sort of irritation for a minor price drop. Besides, amazon costs less anyway.

Cheers!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

I'd recommend www.motorbooks.com. Zenith books is part of them, and they have quite a nice selection, plus a good catalog they'll send you for free. I treated myself to a few books from them recently, and the delivery was prompt, within a week! and right to my door, beating the idiotic Canada post service - thus saving me GST and the $5 ripoff:

Battle of the Bulge - St. Vith

Ostfront - Osprey Books

Hitler's Lighning War

Check the revieews for the last 2 on Amazon. Try and find somewhere that will ship all of these out next day.

Regards,

Ralph D.