Redeployment Zones not quite right

I was playing an operation called Task Force Rose tonight in a TCPIP match. At the end of the first battle of three total, I had pushed my opponent's German forces back beyond the middle of the map. At the conclusion, all he had in my territory was a Puma that was cornered and surrounded deep in my territory. I had troops not only around it, but all over his half of the field.

When the next battle started, my redeployment zone was pushed way way back to the first 1/4 of my side. Now, if that wasn't bad enough, unknown to me at the time, my opponent was granted a small redeployment box deep in my territory where his lone Puma had been at the end of that battle. To make matters worse, the game allows him to put his reinforcements there as if they had been dropped in by helicopter. When the next battle starts, I know face two Panther VGs in my face on my side.

How is this possible? Shouldn't you be able to not only keep more ground during a break in the game, but shouldn't the game also allow only the trapped unit (i.e.the Puma in this case) to be jockeyed around within that box while it can't be removed nor any additional units added to that area?

The end result was a rude awakening when Panthers began to chew up my column.

TeAcH

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 01-14-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeAcH:

I was playing an operation called Task Force Rose tonight in a TCPIP match. At the end of the first battle of three total, I had pushed my opponent's German forces back beyond the middle of the map. At the conclusion, all he had in my territory was a Puma that was cornered and surrounded deep in my territory. I had troops not only around it, but all over his half of the field.

When the next battle started, my redeployment zone was pushed way way back to the first 1/4 of my side. Now, if that wasn't bad enough, unknown to me at the time, my opponent was granted a small redeployment box deep in my territory where he lone Puma had been at the end of that battle. To make matters worse, the game allows him to put his reinforcements there as if they had been dropped in by helicopter. When the next battle starts, I know face two Panther VGs in my face on my side.

How is this possible? Shouldn't you be able to not only keep more ground during a break in the game, but shouldn't the game also allow only the trapped unit (i.e.the Puma in this case) to be jockeyed around within that box while it can't be removed nor any additional units added from that area?

The end result was a rude awakening when Panthers began to chew up my column.

I don't get it.

TeAcH<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only thing to 'get' is that the

guys making CM still haven't figured

out a good way to handle deployment

zones in campaigns. They've probably

spent their time on other things; after

all there are only 163 hours in a week.

I'm sure they would be the first to admit

that the whole campaign system is very

weak, and needs a complete overhaul. If they

had made a perfect campaign system for