Mods Technique Question

Fluf

Hi,

Firstly, I am quite inexperienced in PC graphics techniques. I have been FLOORED by the amazing mods folks are creating for this game.

I would like to upgrade the appearance of the 6 pounder (57mm) AT gun. My attempts to mod the gun shield to give it the wavy top edge characteristic of the weapon have been disappointing however. Thinking to emulate the amazing Panzer IV mesh sideplates added by one of you ingenious moders I attempted to 'pink' out the upper straight edge of the shield, but this just results in a blackened area. Obviously I'm clued out here. My question: is it possible to actually modify object shapes in CM? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 6-pounder mod that I did (in the U.S. field guns bundle at CMHQ) doesn't have the distinctive wavy-line top gunshield profile simply because I would have had to up the bmp file's resolution MUCH too high to get it close to noticeable. Plus, there's that inside-shield bmp file to contend with. The default file is just a small color square, my CMHQ mod's at least got inside detail to the thing now. The 6 pounder was a particularly tough one to get right.