New blue skies

Thanks SurlyBen you beat me to advertising your great new sky mod on the BTS board.

If you guys come by the Dogs of War website, where the mod is available for download, check it out and see if you like it. I'm making some more changes and hopefully membership will be rise to about 90 members. If you're really interested in giving the website a try email me as there is a link at the bottom of most pages on my website.

Currently membership is sitting at 72 members, we are accepting members by invitation or request at the moment. The Dogs of War is a online club or community of friendly people that play the game of Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord. The Dogs of War is not strictly about playing and winning as it offers so much more.

We have a very active message board for a small club take a look and it might give you a better idea of what we're about.

Johnno, webmaster of Dogs of War Online Players Club

Dogs of War

<A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/johnnocmdow/" TARGET=_blank>Dogs of War

</A>

biggrin.gif

Tanks a lot: The short answer is lots of dithering, and some experimentation.

These were created in photoshop. They are bigger than the skies that come with the game to make the dithering less obvious. The blue part of the sky is just a gradated fill, to which I added some noise to reduce the banding effect. (without the noise, there was still a pronounced banding effct when I reduced the color depth to 8 bit, even with dithering turned on...)

SurlyBen

At the moment I don't have plans for doing overcast, morning, or night skies, mainly because I don't have any suitable photos to work with, but also because there are already plenty of perfectly acceptable skies out there... I don't know. I guess I'm not ruling it out. I would like to replace all the horizons...

SurlyBen