Tanks that blow themselves up and other oddities

Hi all,

I was playing a rather lopsided scenario this evening (I forget which one) and two odd things happened. First, my M8 Greyhound took out a Panther. I don't know the stats on the Greyhound, but it didn't look big enough to take out a Panther.

Second, an M7 took a shot at some infrantry that was rather close, knocking itself out in the process! Is that supposed to be possible?

Just curious.

Dan

YES.

I remeber 1 game when i had a bazooka waiting in ambush in some trees. Along came a 75mm h/t to within 20m of my bakooka which fired 3 shots at it during the turn. They all missed and the bazooka was out of ammo. Needless to say at that range of was rather pissed. The h/t was buttoned and didn't fire back during the turn. However at the start of the next turn my enemy targeted the bazooka with his main gun, fired, missed, and knocked himself out smile.gif

Not worth starting a new thread but: shouldnt zooks and AT gun crews and what-have-you have secondary guns? At least pistols for the zooks, and rifles for AT gun crews... For last minute self-defense.

Considering the highly likelyhood of such discussion having been made before: yes, I am a lazy bastard who hasnt done a search.

Harrr, spelling!! (edits)

[This message has been edited by JunoReactor (edited 03-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by JunoReactor (edited 03-08-2001).]

Originally posted by Forever Babra:

Yes and yes.

I'd really like to read about any first or second hand accounts of vehicles knocking

themselves out with close range shots.

Something tells me that the auto-targeting

should be a little smarter about this.

Originally posted by djberg96:

First, my M8 Greyhound took out a Panther. I don't know the stats on the Greyhound, but it didn't look big enough to take out a Panther.

It's not the size of the vehicle, it's the magic in the shell. The Panther is big, and relatively fast and has great front armor, but if you look at the stats it gets its speed by having thin side armor. I've seen a Stuart take out two panthers at a couple hundred meters from the side, and I've seen a PSW234/3 get a Jumbo Sherman from behind.

Second, an M7 took a shot at some infrantry that was rather close, knocking itself out in the process! Is that supposed to be possible?

If your priest is that close to the infantry it's pretty likely hosed anyway--it's a lightly armored SP gun-- it should be well back of the infantry, and firing over their heads at the opposing infantry. Don't get it that close and it won't knock itself out.

Another public service post from the Cesspoolâ„¢.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

Originally posted by JunoReactor:

Not worth starting a new thread but: shouldnt zooks and AT gun crews and what-have-you have secondary guns? At least pistols for the zooks, and rifles for AT gun crews... For last minute self-defense.

They don't because it prevents people from using them in a ahistorical role, such as front line troops.

Jeff