HOW To's

Hy ,

This is to scenario designers or&people with editing experience...

I am having trouble working out a number of things to do with scenario design -:

The Operations Paramiters does not have a place to put flags (like the battle one does)so how do you do it?

The second part is how does the computer know where you want the flag to go. Can you place them manually ?

How do you place units ( or groups of units) in set up zones. In the setup phase, when i did it, they were placed all over one edge of the board, some in the set up zone some not.

Seemed to me you might have to manually place them there.

If a scenario has reinforcements arriving on a board edge not previously used ( ie in the set up phase) how is this achieved? I am refering particularly to reinforcements here.

Lastly, some scenario's have place names in blue which helps with identifying VC etc. How do you do that ?

I have read the manual but do not find it a real help, I wish there were a chat area to talk about this. I also think CM staff should on occasion have a " We'll help you for an hour" for newbies .

OK I hope someone takes the trouble to answer some of these ..

;)

Cauldron,

There are no flags in operations. Victory is determined by how far the attacker gets or how much damage the attacker inflicts on the defender.

Flags can be placed wherever you want them. Just ener the map preview and place the flags along with the units. You can also place the flags for reinforcement location here.

Adding text to locations is achieved by holding "Ctrl" and clicking on the location.

I hope that helps.

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

To place reinforcements: First, select ("purchase") the reinforcements in the units screen. (You can have up to five sets of reinforcements, I think.) Then go to the Map/Preview screen. You'll see a little sign icon for each reinforcement number. Place the reinforcement sign the same way you place units in the Setup phase (Select/P). I think you can set the reinforcements to arrive anywhere on the map, even behind enemy lines. But remember to check the terrain where you place the sign so that they don't end up in some impassable area.

>>The Operations Paramiters does not have a place to put flags (like the battle one does)so how do you do it?

There are no flags in Operations. The "goal" of an operation is determined by its type (advance, assault, destroy).

>>The second part is how does the computer know where you want the flag to go. Can you place them manually ?

In scenarios, yes. You need to go to the map preview (in editor mode) and can place maps like you place any other units (click on them, move them).

>>How do you place units ( or groups of units) in set up zones. In the setup phase, when i did it, they were placed all over one edge of the board, some in the set up zone some not.

Again, go into the map preview (in the map editor), pick up units and move them. This works similar to a normal setup phase.

>>If a scenario has reinforcements arriving on a board edge not previously used ( ie in the set up phase) how is this achieved? I am refering particularly to reinforcements here.

When you pick reinforcements, a reinforcement flag appears on the map (in map preview again, in the editor). You can move the flag and place it wherever you like. The reinforcements will appear randomly around this flag. There is one flag for each reinforcement slot.

>>Lastly, some scenario's have place names in blue which helps with identifying VC etc. How do you do that ?

Has been answered above. Control-leftclick I think.