2 76mm ATGs, a Panther, and some tungsten

Well blow me down. Here I am, playing a little QB (v1.12) against the AI to get in some ATG practice, and the unhappenable has happened:

I've got my 76mm ATGs sitting in good spots, and they each have a single round of Holy Tungsten AP. On turn one they both spot a little Panther motoring around in the distance (500m and 509m distance respectively), and positively ID it as a Panther (A).

Everyone's lining up shots and -Bango!- a frontal ricochet and a clean miss later, everyone's still breathing. I check the guns and notice that Lo! Both ATGs have zero tungsten rounds left.

But... but... that would mean that both guns fired their tungsten off first against a tough target. But... all these other guys who didn't write a line of CM code or beta test or anything have been saying that tungsten rounds never get used correctly. And that would mean that the odds of what I just casually witnessed are roughly the same as that of getting a Royal Fizzbin. (And although no one has actually calculated the odds of getting a Royal Fizzbin, I assure you that they are astronomical.)

Or golly, there could be another answer, which is that when Steve and Charles and Matt and Kwazy told everyone to unclench and revel in the '**** happens' factor, they were right.

But what do they know about CM?

-dale

Are the odds higher than the odds of me picking up a hot chick while driving my roommate's yellow Child Molester Van?

I have seen tanks use tungsten on the first round, but that was when they had 6 rounds each (May 45 Super Pershings) and were going up against king tigers.