Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

question about qb set up

Fair sense of play "should" be a good motivator.

But yes you are correct you could do that.

But then they would have, or end up "buying" more "cheaper" low quality units than your fewer high quality units.

Assuming it is a ME and the points are the same, you will end up "buying" or recieveing fewer high priced units and your opponent will get relatively more cheaper low priced units.

So it is really not as much of a big deal as you think.

BUT if you try to cheat your opponent will realize after first contact that you have crack and elite units and he has reg and green units that you set him up so then what?

Honesty is the best policy, if you both agree ahead of time to let one player buy high quality and the other player get a lower quality force pool the game is set up to accomondate that agreement.

its not a big deal really I don't think.

-tom w

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Assuming it is a ME and the points are the same, you will end up "buying" or recieveing fewer high priced units and your opponent will get relatively more cheaper low priced units.

So it is really not as much of a big deal as you think.

-tom w

Ah, Tom, do I get you right?

The experience of your units doesn't matter much, since the other guy then gets more "cheap" troops??

No big deal when your green Sherman crews trade shots with elite Tigers and Panthers...

wink.gif

------------------

Klotzen, nicht kleckern!

[This message has been edited by ParaBellum (edited 03-10-2001).]

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Ah, Tom, do I get you right?

The experience of your units doesn't matter much, since the other guy then gets more "cheap" troops??

No big deal when your green Sherman crews trade shots with elite Tigers and Panthers...

wink.gif

OK

I agree that you are correct here

even if you buy More cheap green Sherms as the allies you will NEVER buy enough of them to out flank an elite Panther or Tiger. So yes of course I think you "sould" play head to head agianst units in both force pools of similiar quality, I was just pointing out the consquence of "cheating" , first off, you would be discovered on first contact and your opponent would have more cheap troops than your fewer expensive troops.

But I would never suggest that given even points you could ever buy enough cheap green sherms to have to dual with crack or Elite Panthers or Tigers.

good point

-tom w