What it happen if..

Nah, now that's a new one on me Babra. Far as I know, the version has to be the same, and you cannot upgrade a game in progress. It will want the version it was created in. You can upgrade ofcourse, but then you have to have two separate shortcuts, one to each version in the CMBO directory. I currently have three on my desktop. One for games begun in 1.05, one for 1.11, and one for 1.12.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 03-10-2001).]

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Nah, now that's a new one on me Babra. Far as I know, the version has to be the same, and you cannot upgrade a game in progress.

You can upgrade a game in progress. Just open the game in the old version, save, exit old version, start new version and reopen game. It is now upgraded.

I've tried that before, it never worked for me. When you say "save", do you mean by hitting "go", to save it for the next player turn, or "save", to save it to the CMBO directory? I didn't think you could save an ongoing PBEM file to the CMBO directory and reopen it.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Bruno,

I mean save into the CMBO directory. The next time you get a PBEM "plotting" file (not the movie file) open it and hit alt-S. The file is now saved in the CMBO directory. Now close the old version, open the new, search the scenario directory for your file, open it, choose e-mail and you're done. File is now upgraded.

Remember, you can only save the file if you are plotting. If you only get the movie you must wait until you get to plot.