Willi Heinrich

Hi every1, having read the Willing Flesh I've concluded that Mr Heinrich is the best war author I have read thus far.

Much of the sites on him are German language, so can someone provide a list of all the books he wrote? Also, which is his best book I'd be interested to know.

Originally posted by David Aitken:

The Willing Flesh is better known in the English-speaking world as Cross Of Iron.

Yes, I think in the UK it was still known as Willing Flesh up to the 70s but after the success of the film that might have changed with subsequent republishings.

Originally posted by M. Bates:

Hi every1, having read the Willing Flesh I've concluded that Mr Heinrich is the best war author I have read thus far.

Much of the sites on him are German language, so can someone provide a list of all the books he wrote? Also, which is his best book I'd be interested to know.

I liked the "Cross of Iron," but it is out of print. Amazon.com will attempt to locate a used copy upon request. I borrowed the book years ago. The movie with James Colburn doesn't do the book justice, but it is a great war film nontheless. John