Computer vs. Computer

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaldaen:

This would be great for scenario designers too! There have been many a time I'd have like to just watch a scenario play out from both sides ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK I admit this is TOTALLY as foolish as playing chess against your self BUT....

It is possible to link two laptops (or any two computers) via TCP/ip and play head to head and set the turn timer for one minute then play BOTH sides

You can plot the ENTIRE game's worth of moves and orders for each unit on both sides and then hit GO and the game will run it self and the TAC AI will take over and try to do its best to follow all your orders every minute

This is not exactly the computer playing its selve, its just doing the best it can EVERY minute to follow your orders.

This could be an interesting idea for and tournement gathering smile.gif

it could work as a novelty item if there was a gathering of CM players and everyone brought their own computer. (laptops work well)

You can set up all your units and ONLY plot moves for the entire game in the first minute (while paused) the turn timer is then set to 1 minute and both players must stand back and watch their orders be followed and carried out by the TAC AI to the best of its ability for the rest of the game, the game will play on until one side surrenders or the last turn is reached, the game will then automatically determine the winner.

Now that would be entertaining....

and "sort of" realistic

-tom w

[ 07-10-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

I second the scenario designers reasons for needing this. Sometimes you need to watch how things might play out in general, as well as make sure reinforcements come in at the right place and time, are not under fire immediately, etc.

Also, it would be nice if BTS gave us the ability to switch sides or FOW levels for scenario design purposes.

WWB