NSSB II Situation Reports Part Deux

My turn for an update:

vs: SuperSlug - this game WAS going swimmingly, I had established a solid hold on the town in the hills, and had successfully avoided a brutal artillery barrage on the hill to my left where the other VL lay. I tried to race back into the woods on the hill once the arty stopped, but Sluggy was too quick for me. Then, instead of withdrawing, I underestimated his forces in those woods and stuck around one turn too long... I hit his forces with some heavy arty, but not enough to knock him off the hill - my second platoon had to retreat. The best I can hope for now is a draw - only 5 turns left...

vs. Mensch: I LOVE this game :D . I used a heavy smoke barrage to get my troops into position in the town in the center of the map and have since been repelling all the invading French forces... I was fortunate to have a LOT of heavy buildings in which to take residence...

I got lucky early on when a flanking maneuver by his Stuart and M8? (can't remember) was sniffed out by my StuH - knocking them both out with one shot! He just tried another flanking maneuver on the other side of the map with an M10, but I was lucky enough to see it coming and laid an ambush that was sprung last turn by three 75 mm HTs coming from three directions, the first one killing the M10 with the first shot. I'm sending a squad after the crew as we speak - don't need any enemy eyes behind my lines... Mensch, you can start writing that letter to their families now... ;)

Mensch sent a mass rush into town under the cover of smoke, but has been generally repelled by my waiting troops. I estimate his losses thus far as a full company, with mine less than a platoon. He lost a full platoon trying to get into a church held by a couple MGs and a platoon of men. There's still a flurry of activity in the left-most part of the town, but I'm sending reinforcements to stamp out the smoldering embers :D

He's got a couple of M20s sitting in the town right now. They won't last long once the smoke clears... MUAHAHAHA

If only all my games could go this way, I'd be in that OTHER tournament. ;)

vs. Jadayne: Still early - contact hasn't been made yet.

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Ace ]

vs Wolfpack.. lost to a minor axis victory.. but give my lone stuart many medals. close game and well played by both sides

vs mike8g... won a minor axis victory.. close game also.. inf did the trick for me on this one.. fausts rule!! when you have em..

vs Terence.. 1/3 into the game.. we are playing 2 games in this one... cat and mouse with hide and seek for fun!!.. who will pounce first..

I have the distinct pleasure of reporting that Menschie's Frenchies have raised the white flag and will be spending the rest of war in a German POW camp... 137 battered Mensches to 28... Score 95-5... :eek:

Now I don't feel so bad about my imminent loss to Sluggie... ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I am wondering what happened to the link with the scores so far in the NSSB2 comp ?

Geoff / Cubes

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you are talking about the first round scores check the 4th message in this thread mensch has a link in his response

:D