Will we see sector responsibility in CM2?

CM2 and the Eastern Front will lend to some pretty tough open country tank fights, where tank platoon formations are a must. IIRC, tank platoon commanders used to assign sector responsibility to individual tanks in a platoon, which meant turret and spotting attention to a certain sector.

The current model means the player has no chance of directing the turret of a tank while advancing.

What are the chances of seeing sector responsibility in CM2? IMO it will make a major difference in tank battles.

coralsaw, was threat-axis responsibility part of WW2 tank doctrine? I know it is now, but given the less-efficient command/control structure of WW2 (fewer radios of lower quality, etc) was "each tank watches one bearing" SOP? I don't have the necessary references handy.

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

coralsaw, was threat-axis responsibility part of WW2 tank doctrine? I know it is now, but given the less-efficient command/control structure of WW2 (fewer radios of lower quality, etc) was "each tank watches one bearing" SOP? I don't have the necessary references handy.

DjB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No direct evidence handy, but I'd say that given all the above it was even more necessary then than now. I know that in WWII the British used sector responsibility for a squad of infantry moving in column formation, so why not with tanks?

Gordon

If it was a historical reality then it definitely would be a great addition. I, like almost everybody else, have encountered a situation in which I'm moving a group of tanks along and I know that a threat is going to develop along a certain bearing, but I can do nothing to direct my tanks to watch appropriately (ambushes will be canceled if LOS is lost, and area fire gives away position too clearly)

DjB