blast rating Firefly, AP data

1. Early Firefly Blast Rating

Before September 1944, the Firefly is limited to AP rounds (including tungsten), it has no HE rounds. However, when you check the vehicle details, it will say "blast rating = 40"; surely this is for the HE ammo. Since the Firefly doesn't have any HE rounds (at that time), only AP, and consequently uses these against infantry (preferrably mortars, HMGs etc.), I would like to see the blast rating for the AP round displayed, not for the nonexistant HE round.

2. Only two types of ammo shown in AP chart of vehicle info

Another problem concerns the AP range-penetration table supplied in the vehicle data: the penetration performance for various ranges and angles is given for two ammo types (AP and HE, or HE and hollow, or AP and tungsten). problem with the 5cm PaK (and some other guns, but to a lesser degree): the AP data is shown for AP and tungsten. However, most times the gun will have no tungsten rounds, only AP and HE. In a longer shootout he AP can be gone and the gun forced to use HE ammo vs light armor. The table gives no remote hint about the armor penetration of the gun when using the plentiful HE ammo.

yours sincerely,

M.Hofbauer

Marcus, HE penetration numbers for the Pak38 can be found by looking at the Puma. Though that doesn't necessarily help during a game. HE for the US76, 6pdr, 17pdr, and Comet gun, however aren't listed anywhere.

Jason's database has listings for all the units in CM, but unfortunately, the ASL website has gone down and I don't know where else to look for his database. I also have a list I created, but it doesn't contain all the info on each unit like Jason's does. But I do believe it may be more up-to-date:

http://users.erols.com/chare/cm/

Hope that helps some.

- Chris