BTS - Problem with tournament saves in 1.1?

Me and another fella started a custom, 7500 point/side battle on a map I made. We each sent our purchases to a 3rd party who bought our stuff, tournament saved it and made my opponent first. My opponent entered his password, setup his forces, and hit GO. He then sent the file to me. I entered my password, setup my forces, and hit GO. Play proceeds normally. This was with 1.1b16. We eventually converted to 1.1b24 and we're still playing.

Now then, repeat the above procedure except start in 1.1b24. All proceeds smoothly until the second player gets the file. When the 2nd player is prompted for a password it will not accept anything. Since this is the first prompt for a password, it should accept whatever you type in the password field. But it won't accept anything and consequently, the scenario cannot be played.

Now, what changed between 1.1b16 and 1.1b24 that would cause this to happen?

BTW, this happened with another guy as well, so it's not just me.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest KwazyDog

Jeff a couple of quoestions... This is in version 24 all this is happening I take it? Are you still trying to play under beta 24, or have you upgraded to the final patch?

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bil Hardenberger:

There was a bug with tournament saved games in those older patches... it is fixed in 1.1 (final).

Bil<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Well then, that means my partner must upgrade to 1.1 THEN tournament save it, right?

Guest KwazyDog

Jeff, I think your right. Your oponent has the origional scenario I take it...get him to upgrade to 1.1 and then save.

Hopefully this should get you going smile.gif

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Jeff, I think your right. Your oponent has the origional scenario I take it...get him to upgrade to 1.1 and then save.

Hopefully this should get you going smile.gif

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, problem solved. Must tournament save in 1.1b16 beta or 1.1final. Obviously, no one has 1.1b16 beta anymore, so be sure to save with 1.1final. Don't use 1.1b22 or b24 for tournament saves. HTH someone else.

------------------

Jeff Abbott