accuracy of zooks VS schrecks

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redwolf:

See above numbers.

The PIAT is more accurate than the Bazooka at > 100m, less below. The Schreck is plain better, but more expensive and slower.

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: redwolf ]<hr></blockquote>

IIRC the PIAT was accurate to about 5-6 feet! Beyond that range it was useless...

But you could bounce the projectile off cobble-stones into the underbelly of a tank.

smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

IIRC the PIAT was accurate to about 5-6 feet! Beyond that range it was useless...

But you could bounce the projectile off cobble-stones into the underbelly of a tank.

smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

i dont play as the brits very often, but when i did over the weekend, i would agree with their accuracy! might as well run up there and throw the round

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redwolf:

The Schrecks propellant is exhausted before it leaves the tube. The Bazooka burns for some time outside the tube, ruining the flight path.<hr></blockquote>Wasn't it the other way around?

That's why the Panzerschreck had that face protection shield, to prevent the shooter to get exhaust gas in the face.

The longer burn would allow greater speed and lesser drop along the way, contrary to a ruined flight path.

Cheers

Olle