TCP/IP can be really fun

Took the TCP/IP plunge with Blackhorse last night. Playing August Bank Holiday. No spoiler, but as many of you know it is HUGE. (we have already lost over 100 AFVs).

We converted a current PBEM game into TCP/IP and it worked great! My system even crashed once and the recovery was a breeze. And boy, did it get dicey. For fun, despite dozens of units, we cranked the timer to 7 minutes. I was literally sweating. But it was fun.

I still prefer PBEM - I love watching the battle for the Soldiers point of view over an over. Not for tactics, but for the sheer beauty of the graphics and sound. With TCP/IP this can be lost.

We played for 3 hours straight. Then as the hours grew late, we switched back to PBEM.

Going to try a little more this weekend.

Great job BTS!!! biggrin.gif

------------------

Jeff Newell

TankDawg

Hey Mannheim Tanker,

You are next!!! Have you picked a scenario yet for TCP/IP or will we give yeager's a shot??

And by the way, I have lost a ton of vehicles but it is still a draw. And there is hope for you... I lost my first PBEM 2 weeks ago.

tongue.gif

He, heh, henh.

------------------

Jeff Newell

TankDawg

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

Yeagers sounds like fun.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's none of my business, but...

I don't think Yaeger's farm is very good for 2-player: there is too much open terrain for the attacker to cross,and I found that the scenario strongly favors the defender (I forget whether that is the Germans or Allies).Yes, I was the attacker and I got pounded into the ground... frown.gif

Good scenarios for 2-player I have played are Bridgehead at Benicourt and Road to Wiltz, among others.

Henri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

I have a good shot (no pun intended) at defeating the Lawyer's gray-suited zombies, but I'm sure I'll screw something up!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you will definitely screw something up. Dissing the Lawyer will only make it worse.

BTW, are you posting to the forum on gub'ment time?

------------------

Only the Lawyer knows what Evil lurks in the minds of men....

Henri: Thanks for the headsup!

TankDawg: Sunday sounds great. I need to convince Lawyer to convert to 1.1 before then however so that I can upgrade our PBEM (currently the only one I'm in). Care to try one of Henri's suggested scenarios? Haven't played either of them yet.

Lawyer: I'm ALWAYS on gub'ment time wink.gif And your zombies will have Bubba to thank for putting them out of their misery. ***Phony French Accent on*** No go away, or I shall taunt you a second time! ***Accent off***