wav file question 00005010

I am trying to convert a MP3 file I got from a website into a wav for the game intro(00005010.wav). I got a shareware MP3 to wav converter which converted the file perfectly. But when I put it into the game and start the game it speeds up the wav, sounds like the Chipmunks really.

Now the original wav file is 44,1000Hz 16bit stero 64sec. The one I want to use is 24,000Hz 16bit, stereo at 39 sec in length. I tried to convert it but the Chipmunk sound got worse. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

MikeT

Mike:

If you converted it to the original file specs it should have worked. I think 44,100 mhz and 16 bit should be right. I've converted many MP3 to wav without a problem. However, I could never get 00005010 to play in a game.

I don't know if it's associated with the opening CM Movie or is an actual background ambient sound. Do you know?

I recently used one of the german panzer marches that were in MP3 format, and used the program Earjam to convert it to a wav and use it for my 00005010 file and it works perfect. I also used it for the US CAV march and same deal. Earjam has never let me down yet for converting anything.

------------------

"D-Day was a nightmare. Even now it brings pain to recall what happened there on June 6, 1944. I have returned many times to honor the valiant men who died on that beach. They should never be forgotten. Nor should those who lived to carry the day by the slimmest of margins. Every man who set foot on Omaha Beach that day was a hero."

General Omar Bradley-

This is strange for what you have recommended is what I did. Now this wav is the original start sound file. I am working on a desert mod for CM and want to use a MP3 of a favorite DAK song.

What I did was to used Windows sound recorder to convert the wave file to match the original 00005010 but it seems to run at double speed, hence the chipmonk reference.

It seems that the game plays this intro music at a certain speed (44,100 Hz) regardless of speed of the wave file.

MikeT

I've converted an MP3 of the Great Escape theme perfectly, it's in the Wav directory (I can play it in Windows) but when I start up CM, I sitll get the same, original music. I don't know if this is tied in with anything or not.

I guess this discussion would probably be better in the Tech Support forum. smile.gif

------------------

Jeremy Sadler

Webmaster stargrunt.com

http://www.stargrunt.com

Originally posted by Jeremy Sadler:

I've converted an MP3 of the Great Escape theme perfectly, it's in the Wav directory (I can play it in Windows) but when I start up CM, I sitll get the same, original music. I don't know if this is tied in with anything or not.

Mine's the same problem. I wonder if it reads the opening 00005010 .wav from the CD for the opening movie?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Mine's the same problem. I wonder if it reads the opening 00005010 .wav from the CD for the opening movie?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be. However others have said they've got it to work. Ya got me... confused.gif

------------------

"Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition."