Antipersonnel mines - how many in a field?

Or another way to ask - how long will my anti personnel mines be active or effective? Do they 'run out' after awhile? Anybody know how many 'bangs' for my buck? I've tried to watch in a battle, and I think they stop after awhile, but can't be sure. Can't find my manual, please don't even suggest a search on this new forum. (But if you know of a thread - I'll go read )

Thanks for any info -

The answer is four.

Better to ask, "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

I'm sorry. I'm delerious, and smart-assey. I will now go to bed. Forgive me.

Double-post! Now I'm really sorry!

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: Jack Arilliac ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>how long will my anti personnel mines be active or effective? Do they 'run out' after awhile?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Minefields will remain active for the duration of the game, and they never run out or become 'diluted' if multiple units run over them (IOW it doesn't matter if ten vehicles were taken out by the same minefield, it still retains the same 'strength' of a newly laid field)

The only way to remove a minefield is with an Engineer unit. Pg 92 of my manual states:

"Engineers with demolition charges are able to clear gaps through minefields. Simply move them within 25 meters of the minefield and wait. It takes a few minutes (turns) to clear a gap through the mines. Additionally, engineers can clear Daisy-chain mines without the use of demolition charges."

Hope this helps smile.gif

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: Kingfish ]