US Paratrooper Winter Camo

Another nice one uniform by scipio, just took a look at it, and the mods looks very good.

Scipio, I know you have done some winter vehicle mods. How about a new Hi-res whitewashed Jagdpanther??? The winter Jagdpanther mod I have is low-res and really is not that good.

Keep up the good work

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Shatter ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Trying to make Maximus cry? He just sent me his completed CMMOS Allied uniform file...<hr></blockquote>

He did? I have never given him my permission to publish or offer my mods somewhere or somehow.

This is the second time I hear that he did so - beside the old story when he felt the need to make me mods better, also without asking me. If there is something I really hate, then unfriendly people who take other peoples work as if it's there own. :mad:

Maybe it's better to leave my mods on my HD only.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scipio:

He did? I have never given him my permission to publish or offer my mods somewhere or somehow.

This is the second time I hear that he did so - beside the old story when he felt the need to make me mods better, also without asking me. If there is something I really hate, then unfriendly people who take other peoples work as if it's there own. :mad:

Maybe it's better to leave my mods on my HD only.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]<hr></blockquote>

Scipio don't punish all of us, for unfortunate doings of others.

On my request, Maximus has written me this :

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Unless you want to rehash the ol' Tiger bitch and whine

argument about what is good mod ethicate, then you're fighting a losing

battle. Most mod authors have included in their readmes that the mods are

"freeware" and that they may be modified and redistributed AS LONG as you

give credit to the original author. If you've got a problem with this

widely accepted policy, then you should refrain from publishing your mods

on your site. <hr></blockquote>

On the download page of WarfareHQ it's assertively written that it is NOT allowed to host, publish or alter mods without the permission of the original author. All what is expected is a simple request, as I always ask original authors for their authorisation before I publish a revision of their work.IMO, this is not expect to much, and also don't take much time.

Mod ethicate MUST be self evident, especially because we don't have the possibilties to protect our work. Even if some people don't agree to this, they should respect the wish and opinion of other people.

I have already told Maximus earlier that I don't agree to any 'silent agreements' he had refered to at that time.

Because his answer on my request and his actions in the past doesn't shows understanding or a change in his conduct, I follow his proposal and protect my work from unallowed access by removing my mods from the public.

I'm sorry that this is necessary. Maybe I act like a childish paranoid. But currently I don't see another possiblity.

Scipio, you have the right to protect your work, but my question is - why do you let others use them if you don't want others using them? I believe Maximus has put your mods unmodified into CMMOS as a courtesy to you. It makes it easier for others to use them. I don't want to get in the middle here, but isn't this really kind of a favour to you? I see non-CMMOS mods going the way of the dodo, frankly.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Scipio, you have the right to protect your work, but my question is - why do you let others use them if you don't want others using them? I believe Maximus has put your mods unmodified into CMMOS as a courtesy to you. It makes it easier for others to use them. I don't want to get in the middle here, but isn't this really kind of a favour to you? I see non-CMMOS mods going the way of the dodo, frankly.<hr></blockquote>

I have no general problem with the cmmos idea.

Noone must share my opinion about mod etiquette, but I expect that they respect my wishes concerning the publication of my mods.

If a simple request is to much for this community or even a single person, then I have only very limited possibilities.

Beside that: yes he has revised them. Yes, he know that I don't want HIM to do this. And yes, I will never give my permission to this special person to publish my mods, revised or not.

I think your mods are a perfect candidate for their own CMMOS modset; I suggest you get in touch with Gordon Molek (you must know who he is) and this can probably get sorted out. I think it would be more appropriate for your ahistorical (and very well done) mods to occupy their own ruleset. I really liked the CADPAT one, btw.