Armor in the woods!!

Has there ever been much talk about beign able to back a tank into a tree line so only the front is exposed. Maybe shoule be able to do this in some instances like ambush settings and such.

True that the LOS will be limited to what's directly in front but again, sides and back would be protected from beign seen or hit.

Any thoughts.... maybe a future implementation?

I think by allowing you to enter scattered trees, the game basically allows you to replicate this type of deployment. I think the wood and pine tree tiles represent growth that is far too thick and sturdy for even the heaviest of tanks to trample through. Thus, special clearing would be required, and that would have to be done before the battle starts. Perhaps if digging in of AFVs is ever allowed, this type of thing could also be done.

"digging in is *in*."

Cripes, you play this game nonstop since July, and you still learn things about it. I must admit I totally missed the bit about digging in AFVs. I saw it being discussed, but never payed much attention to the whole discussion. Pray tell, is this a command or a user-defined option? Can't say it's a feature I've really clamoured for, but it's nice to learn a little bit more about this wonderful creation. Thanks Marcus!

Digging in tanks is a scenario option. In the Perameters screen of the level editor, there's a box that lets the defender dig in tanks. This means that they will always be hull down, but they will be immobile.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

ack sorry my fault I read 109's post only superficially and thought he was talking about digging in tanks in the map editor placement while making scenarios while in fact he already covered what I said in my last post. teaches you not to post when you're dizzy, gotta go back to bed to indulge in my running nose and headache.

------------------

"Im off to NZ police collage" (GAZ_NZ)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

it's also possible in an assault game for the defender to dig in<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What!! eek.gif

Oh, that gave me a heartattack. Don't do that again...

[This message has been edited by Jarmo (edited 01-10-2001).]

You could also, if you wanted, place tanks where you want them to be and then place wood tiles on top of their locations in the scenario editor, and then simply lock them in place (the same way you would/could place an AT gun inside a building). There you are: tank in a tree line. Only problem would be of course that you can't move or turn them anymore.

------------------

I prefer an enemy who's willing to die for his country. That way both him and me have the same aim in mind.