Rapid non-stop target switching bug still exists

I had a StuGIIIg finishing its hunt command , less than 1 cm to go. It stopped, and began to switch between two targets of the several that were available: an arty spotter and a halftrack. The target line from the stug rapidly danced between these two targets for about 10 seconds, then it lost intrest and targeted a nearby infantry squad, lost intrest in this target and started flicking between targets again.

My StuG never fired a shot for the whole turn while doing this nonsense.

This still needs fixing as apparently it was not fixed last patch thoough it says it was in the readme notes.

Tiger

I have seen it once.

It was a Panther doing the "twitch dance" between, an HD unit and a half track M3A1 I think. the HT was on the road dead ahead and the infantry HQ was in the woods to the left of the panther.

I have never seen or heard or read of an incidence reported of the targeting confusion "twitch" against/between any AFV or armoured targets. Its the not so threatening threats the AI seems to have such a hard time with.

In the example above, neither units posed a real threat, same as the HT and the HQ neither was a real threat so it was confused.

I'll bet its fixed now in the latest and (final?) patch v1.12! smile.gif

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 02-08-2001).]