How do I escape the "angels in the sky"?

Hello, all!

Ok, im currently playing an operation called 21st.Panzer Attacks (Great OP, by the way, thanks Gerhard S.Blake!) and I know that the enemy may have airsupport. Up until now I've been pretty safe thanks to the overcast weather, but the skies is clearing and Im becoming a little nervous about those Flyboys that may or may not show up to kill my dear tanks.

So how do I setup to minimize the chanses of them spotting, killing my tanks? Will it help if i try hiding them in scattered trees?

The only AA defense is one 20mm cannon, how do I deploy it best? Near the tanks? confused.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks guys!

OOOPS, sorry everybody, I totaly overlooked the tips and techniques forum so ill take my question there instead. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

[This message has been edited by greed (edited 02-23-2001).]

Try to keep moving, if its tactically feasible. Scattered trees help. On the size of a typical CM battlefield, AA placement is not terribly critical. Just don't put it somewhere with no LOS to anything.

Basically, there is not much you can do about aircraft.

Not to complain, because things definitely happen in war, but I agree with the many posts decrying the use of tactical airstrikes in CM. There is no doubt that INTERDICTION happened quite often. However, evidence of actual attacks on enemy forces directly engaged with friendly forces are sketchy at best. Identification from the air is damn difficult at high speed and all puckered up from ground fire. Its good that CM air strikes often don't arrive and sometimes bomb friendlies. That keeps it from being out of line.

------------------

Give a man fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for a lifetime.

Guest Mikey D

I haven't done any test comparisons, but keeping you armor under tree cover helps a little. Staying under cover seeems to help your infantry much much more.

And whatever you do, do not bunch up your infantry around tanks! I had an unexpected air attack on my armor once that missed the tank but killed forty five of my infantry in one go! Oh, the humanity!