WW2OL causing an influx of new CM players?

Heh...I'm one of those refugees. I really like WW2OL and the gameplay. I was one of the few that could actually get it to run on my system(athlon 1.33ghz geforce3) even though it was only at 40fps. However, the game lacks the one major thing that keeps it from being Tank Quake, or Quank as we call it. The limited resource system and the rank system have yet to be put in place. And until it does, taking tank from point A to point B to blow up enemy tank, then wash, rinse, repeat- can get very boring and mundane. I can credit the game with one great thing, though. It introduced me to Combat Mission through some posts on their forums! smile.gif Now I had to return the favor and recently made a post on their boards called, "Combat Mission, or why I haven't played WW2OL for a week!" Go check it out and spread the gospel that is Combat Mission!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Danzig:

Heh...I'm one of those refugees. I really like WW2OL and the gameplay. I was one of the few that could actually get it to run on my system(athlon 1.33ghz geforce3) even though it was only at 40fps. However, the game lacks the one major thing that keeps it from being Tank Quake, or Quank as we call it. The limited resource system and the rank system have yet to be put in place. And until it does, taking tank from point A to point B to blow up enemy tank, then wash, rinse, repeat- can get very boring and mundane. I can credit the game with one great thing, though. It introduced me to Combat Mission through some posts on their forums! smile.gif Now I had to return the favor and recently made a post on their boards called, "Combat Mission, or why I haven't played WW2OL for a week!" Go check it out and spread the gospel that is Combat Mission!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Praise the lord, I say, praise the lord! smile.gif

Well, I can tell you this. I LONG to play what WWIIOnline is suppose to be. But until it becomes that I have no desire to pay money to Beta test software. I understand why the released it when they did, cash flow, but still it was a Beta product, period. I sincerely hope they are able to complete the software before they run out of money. Till then I am still addicted to CM:BO and it has almost been a year solid of almost daily play, what more has to be said! On a side note I played the Operation Flashpoint Demo and it was awesome, placed my order and await eagerly for it's arrival!

OK the number one reason i know of people just getting into CM is beacuse well cm wasnt that well heard of in general circles and there was quite a bit of advertising going on a little while ago thru magizines i thought making people more aware of it.

I dont think ww2 online caused it lol.

As for WW2 online, its ok (just).

The main thing stopping it from being "the ****" to me for alot of people so to speak is having all players on one server and few bugs.

That would add the intensity to the game and make it more serious and lifelike without problems.

The game is average still, i personally may dump it and play cm2 and op flashpoint only.

Op flash has a ww2 mod coming out soon.

Id rather play that to be honest.

But i mean ww2 online is the only game i know of where u need 300+ meg of ram for a smooth run.

I now have 512meg of ram thanks to that.

The funny thing is i have no idea how the game can use the full ram u have, cause i have read and heard from pc friends etc that windows 98 and less cannot manage the ram very well above 300 i think it is.

Wind 2k can use it but the others were not designed for that much apparently.

Any one out there no if this is true?