Global Morale

Does "global morale" (as opposed to individual unit morale) have any effects prior to forcing surrender? Will a unit function differently if global morale is at, say 95% than it does when global morale is at 35%? Thanks for all replies. (I did a search but didn't find anything useful)

Originally posted by MikeP:

Does "global morale" (as opposed to individual unit morale) have any effects prior to forcing surrender? Will a unit function differently if global morale is at, say 95% than it does when global morale is at 35%? Thanks for all replies. (I did a search but didn't find anything useful)

I asked about this a while back and

didn't get any answers. BTS seems

to like to keep a lot of things a

secret, to maintain the 'mystique'

of the game or something like that.

regards,

--Rett

The lower global morale is, the more likely your troops are to get pinned, panic and rout. In situations which they would stay on top of things when global morale is 95% you might see them turn around and run for the heck of it when it's 35%. Also, if global morale is too low (below 20% I think), the computer will force you to end the game.

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision

Originally posted by Moon:

The lower global morale is, the more likely your troops are to get pinned, panic and rout. In situations which they would stay on top of things when global morale is 95% you might see them turn around and run for the heck of it when it's 35%. Also, if global morale is too low (below 20% I think), the computer will force you to end the game.

That should read below 15% AND you will

not be receiving reinforcements.

regards,

--Rett