Gridded Grass Textures

Originally posted by GeoffP:

Is anyone else out there using Aszurom's gridded grass?

FYI - The grass is all the same color, but the outline (grid) is shaded to indicate elevation. It's based on lowres grass from MDMP-1.

I thought I had smoked all manners of grass eek.gif , but never heard of this one...I personally use a gridded DD HiRes Grass, but the idea of different grid color by elevation is interesting...

Where can we dload this mod ?

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by GeoffP:

Is anyone else out there using Aszurom's gridded grass?

B]

Sorry, no. I don't use gridded grasses. I see absolutely no reason to. They dtract from CM in my opinion.

I'd be very pleased if those who are happy with their gridded grasses even without smoking them smile.gif could post some screenshots of what the end results look like. If you could also list all other terrain mods you are using to create the good complete look I'd be ecstatic!

Uh, wasn't one of the basic goals of this game to get over the hexes and grids?

THat said, I am curious about them. Are they useful? What is their purpose? Calculatig range, movement, what?

I second the motion for a screenshot...

------------------

And King Xerxes looked to King Leonidas and spoke. "Our Archers will rain arrows down upon you to blot out the sun."

And King Leonidas replied: "Then we will fight in the shade."

Panzer Leader,

The grids do a good job of helping to show the lay of the land. Depending on your video card, monitor, and grass mod your using, seeing a 3-D image of the valley before you isn't always easy on a 2-D screen.

It's the same idea as the golf sims out there that use grids on the greens to help read the break and slope.

Carl

Originally posted by Blanar:

Panzer Leader,

The grids do a good job of helping to show the lay of the land. Depending on your video card, monitor, and grass mod your using, seeing a 3-D image of the valley before you isn't always easy on a 2-D screen.

It's the same idea as the golf sims out there that use grids on the greens to help read the break and slope.

Carl

Agree, perhaps I've poor sight but the grid IMMENSELY helps perceiving terrain heights...esp with Snow terrain !

For those of you folks who were not here for the gridded non-gridded wars here is the donw low.

same think it gamey others do not care. i used it for awhile but believe that to become an elite player you cannot use it as a crutch and must use all camera views to achieve success at high levels in this game (it is just that good!!!)

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest