captured infantry behind my lines?

You'll need to tell more than that. Was the MG team staring down the barrel of an enemy tank at the time?

AFAIK, there's nothing special about battle lines that determines when a unit surrenders. It's just a matter of morale and local balance of force.

[This message has been edited by Leonidas (edited 03-10-2001).]

i just never saw it before.i can understand it breaking or routing, but to be captured there has to be an enemy there to capture it.

mg was not staring down tank, it was back supporting and was taking heavy fire.

How many men were left in the MG team? Just one? If so, MG team become Immobile when reduced to one man. They also have a tendency to surrender with only man no matter where they are if they're taking heavy fire.

If you remember that CM is very realistic in its calculations, things like that won't surprise you. As for things like that will and actually often happen when you least expect it.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

Guest Michael emrys

Originally posted by LEGEND:

i just never saw it before.i can understand it breaking or routing, but to be captured there has to be an enemy there to capture it.

mg was not staring down tank, it was back supporting and was taking heavy fire.

Heavy MG units become immobilized once they are down to one man. They will then surrender if enough enemy troops are nearby. If, as you seem to imply, there were no enemy troops nearby at all...then yes, there is something odd going on here. But I would first make sure that there are no enemy troops.

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

Originally posted by Leonidas:

Global morale is another consideration. Doesn't it affect the individual soldiers' reactions?

Definitely.

Michael

Let me guess, the unit was taking heavy fire and it was isolated - no friendlies around. That's a recipe for capture every time...

But not if there isn't anyone around to surrender to, like it sounds in this situation.

That would be funny to see though biggrin.gif A gaggle of troops merilly trotting along through the front lines, throwing a salute to passing officers on their way to the enemy and a POW camp. :P

Guest Mike the bike

The MG's surrender first becaue they do most of the fighting!!

I had an MG surrender to me in a game last night when I wasn't particularly close to it - although it was in its own front lines. However it quickly unsurrendered, and so got killed for it's trouble!! lol