Purchasing units

I have a nice map that I have designed, and I would like to set it up so that players may purchase their own units, like you can with a quickstart battle. The reason for this is to keep a bit of mystery in PBEM games.

Does anyone know how this can be done or indeed if? I am sure it would be a simple piece of code to put this in the parameters window, again, much the same way that is in the quick-start option

------------------

If in doubt, bombard it to nowt.

There is a way around this, but it requires a third party. Each player sends a list of the units they want to the third party and he/she loads the map into the scenario editor, buys the units for each side and generates a scenario, which is then sent back to the players. This is then played PBEM as a normal scenario.

Originally posted by Firefly:

There is a way around this, but it requires a third party. Each player sends a list of the units they want to the third party and he/she loads the map into the scenario editor, buys the units for each side and generates a scenario, which is then sent back to the players. This is then played PBEM as a normal scenario.

I am willing to do this for anyone interested. Email me your map requirements, and have you and your opponet send your unit requests. Using this, you can do blind PBEMs of river crossings, flags on the ends of maps instead of the middle, or anything you want.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska