QB AI vs Scenario AI, TheSame?

So far all I know is the AI. In the scenarios I have played (I have been ticking off the small historical battles on the CD so far)I usually beat the AI, sometimes by a little some more than a little. I think the only time the AI has dusted me was Hemroulle. Anyway for whatever reason I decided to play a 1000 pt QB against myself. Line up was something like this, Germans-Waffen SS, Armor PG Co, 1 Tiger, 2 Mk IVs, all veteran. US (I played this side) rifle company, 105 spotter, 105 Sherman, 2 Hellcats, an armored car w/ a .50 cal MG, all green. Small farmland map, 25 turns. Germans surrendered around turn 16 or so. It seemed to me the AI was alot weaker and easier to defeat than the AI on a scenario. Is this other people's experience? It also seemed like the US 1000pts bought nearly twice as many men as the German 1000pts. :confused:

With QB's the map and units are basicly random. Scenario's have maps built with logic behind them, and a good scenario creater will balance the units and place them in good positions on the map.

QB's are still fun, but are more limiting.

In the my quick battle the German infantry was very focused on the main victory flag, all of their armor was concentrated on my right flank. To me the QB seemed like a planned attack vs a bunch of guys running around on the other end of the map. Definitely felt out of balance even though each side had a Co of infantry and a few tanks. It seemed the US side had way more men. Using equal points on purchase didn't seem to create equal forces. Then again that was just one QB.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rogue male:

It seemed the US side had way more men. Using equal points on purchase didn't seem to create equal forces.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>With Green vs Veteran this is what to expect in numbers. Had you picked an all Veteran US force as well you'd have less quantity.

Cheers

Olle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

Originally posted by rogue male:

[qb]It seemed the US side had way more men. Using equal points on purchase didn't seem to create equal forces.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>With Green vs Veteran this is what to expect in numbers. Had you picked an all Veteran US force as well you'd have less quantity.

Cheers

Olle[/QB]

The other factor might be that the Germans had an expensive Tiger and expensive infantry, further limiting quantity. If the Hellcats smoked the Tiger early, the Germans could be in trouble.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rogue male:

So if you purchase a green Co it is full strength, whereas a veteran Co is to some degree depleted? On the AI it all has to do with placement and what I'm reading from this thread is in a QB the AI doesn't do that so well. OK.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the veteran company is not depleted at all.

I think that in a QB, the veterans cost more points than regular or green troops and therefore that side has fewer points left for other things, and will have fewer units.