Daisy Chain Mines "Vanish" from the road

I am playtesting a new scenario i am designing where the German attacker must clear some mines before the assault guns can get through to the main objective.

There are various minefields in the vicinity and the Pioneers take out AP/AT minefields as normal with satchel charges once they are discovered - but the daisy chain mines just vanish without any Satchel Charges being thrown! I have watched this happen 3 times now - does anyone know if this is normal?

The Pioneers are sitting close to the Daisy Chain mines on the road, but none of them throw any satchel charges at them, half-way through the movie turn they vanish from the road.

I would appreciate any feedback or experiences others have made.

CDIC

Terry, hi,

I had a similar problem just the other day. I was playing Andreas, Germanboy, in only my second TCP game, when I discovered Andreas had mines blocking a road. Conditions were wet, and heavy armour could not leave the road without the near certainly of bogging. Not having any experience in the use of/clearing mines, I concluded wrongly that they could not be cleared from the road. I considered my armours’ path blocked. However, out of coincidence I did leave a pioneer unit near the mines. Late in the game I noticed the mine symbol had gone and when I moved my armour through mines attacked none. The pioneers, simply by being near the mines, daisy chain mines, had cleared them during some turn without me noticing.

I realised this far too late, suffered 79 causalities to Andreas 28, not a good show. Next time I will know better how to deal with mines.

PS. Another thing I discovered, ludicrously late, given that I was in on CM from its start, is that live TCP CM is the most fun of all, in my view. If CM against the AI scores 100 for fun, played PBEM I would give it 125, but live TCP I would give 200 for fun.

All the best,

Kip.